It seemed as though the last Las Vegas post to my blog was a winner. I have good experience with Las Vegas hotels, bottom line, these are my favorites and why. These are by no means my order of choice. There are many different reasons people stay at a particular Las Vegas Hotel and this is my summary of the good and bad of my favorites. Enjoy.
1. Mandalay Bay - This hotel is excellent, clean, safe, gorgeous, great restaurants, buffet, pool, sports book. It is also at the southern end of the strip which is the best general area to be at in Vegas in my opinion. The only downfall that I see is the price, but if you are only going to go to Las Vegas once, Mandalay is well worth the money.
2. Rio Suites - The Rio is just fun and exciting. The gambling is not bad, the Mardi Gras show and the in-casino entertainment is excellent. It is a party atmosphere. They have a pretty cool pool as well. The seafood buffet is expensive but they have everything you could ever want from a seafood restaurant in a single buffet. The rooms are huge as all are suites. The location is on Flamingo west of the strip, but it is near two other great hotel/casinos, the Gold Coast and the Palms. You will need to rent a car to stay here and enjoy all of Las Vegas.
3. Sunset Station - This is in Henderson, which is about 6 miles east of the strip. If you are renting a car and you want a place that is less crazy, well appointed, and has almost all the amenities of the big casinos, this one is for you. The rooms are reasonable in cost, the hotel is clean and comfortable. Sunset Station has a great inexpensive buffet and a marvelous casual seafood restaruant, both worth the trip to Sunset. This is a hotel that the locals like and the gambling is not bad here. Quite regularly Sunset has national scale great live music acts as well. If you want to tone it down, relax, and enjoy the hotel/casino experience, this is for you.
4. Excalibur - If you want to be in the middle of the action, this is the place for you. You can stay at Excalibur fairly cheap and walk to New York New York, Luxor, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay. It is a perfect location. The croud is fun at night. The only downfall to Excalibur is that it is a family oriented casino hotel and it is strange seeing the little guys wandering around the place.
5. Gold Coast - The Gold Coast is a great value for the stay. The food and drink is very reasonable, I think the buffet at Gold Coast is the best value around for food. The location is great between the Rio and the Palms. The place is clean and the croud is a little older. An all around value for your dollar, but you will need to rent a car to stay here.
Go to Vegas at least once, it is well worth the trip. You may have to go multiple times to really see all you want to see and do.