These are my thoughts and opinions on many topics. My passions are the stock market and helping abandoned and orphaned animals. In this world, it seems most things don't make much sense to me anymore. This is my feeble attempt to share all of the above. The blogs will include items that might make you shake my head as well as give you my take on why they happen. Enjoy.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Random Thought

I do feel sorry for people that are truly in need or need help, I believe most folks do as well. I believe I am fairly compassionate for the disabled, the elderly, he addicted, the helpless animals, etc.

But I have to say that I am finding that doing things for folks that are unwilling to participate in facing reality and helping themselves is not a good investment of my time or money. The folks who do not make the effort to help pull themselves out of the situation that they are in, or if they put themselves back into a 'bad spot' are not on my radar for help anymore. Maybe I am a bad guy for not being more patient or sympathetic, however, I've seen it way too often where you end up being an enabler to behaviors that are just not right. I can't do that any longer.

Bottom Line: I can't help someone who won't make an effort to help themselves. I won't. (Sorry if this offends anyone, it's just my opinion.)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% and don't think you're at all a "bad guy". There's only so much one can (or should) do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just find that many people out there are "takers" instead of givers. Also, the folks that are "enablers" to people that put themselves in bad situations over and over and over again are only doing that person a real dis-service.

    Thanks for the comment and I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts.
    JC

    ReplyDelete