These are my thoughts and opinions on many topics. My passions are the stock market and helping abandoned and orphaned animals. In this world, it seems most things don't make much sense to me anymore. This is my feeble attempt to share all of the above. The blogs will include items that might make you shake my head as well as give you my take on why they happen. Enjoy.

Sunday, August 2, 2020

My Mom

It has been over a year and a half since my mom passed away. I still miss her so much.  I wrote this a few days after she passed.  Thanks for listening. 

Mom
A mind dump of memories of my mother. She taught us right from wrong, taught us the value of hard work, pushed us to be the best, made us become independent, helped us to love and take care of animals, had a great sense of humor, would give you the shirt off her back, loved to cook, garden, fix up her home....she was a friend, she liked to laugh, loved to entertain, always wanted to be with family. She loved her family, which consisted of more than just blood relatives, she developed her extended family over many years, friends, friends of her kids, neighbors, co-workers, and others.

Mom was the one whose house was open to anyone. You show up at her house and she would invite you in, talk as long as you wanted, feed you (too much), and give you something for leftovers. Giving, that is the word for my mom, she gave and wanted to give until the last day. 

So many memories. I am fortunate to have become close friends with her over the years. I will love you until the day I go, I miss you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment