These are my thoughts and opinions on many topics. My passions are the stock market and helping abandoned and orphaned animals. In this world, it seems most things don't make much sense to me anymore. This is my feeble attempt to share all of the above. The blogs will include items that might make you shake my head as well as give you my take on why they happen. Enjoy.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Covered Call Scoreboard

In my first month of writing covered calls on stocks that I own I was able to create additional 1% of 'income'. They are all expected to expire at the end of next week.

The calls I wrote were all February 2010 expiration and consisted of

MO $21 strike
DD $34 strike
AA $15 strike
GDXJ $25 strike
NLY $18 strike
MGM $12 strike
MGM $13 strike

As of this writing the only call options that might be executed by the buyer is the GDXJ contracts. We'll see and I will continue to post my results.
JC

1 comment:

  1. I also added WFMI $32 calls for the Feb 10 expiration. They will be exercised as I sold them the day before earnings and WMFI closed today nr $33.70. I made 7% in two days on that one. WOO HOO!!
    JC

    ReplyDelete