These are my thoughts and opinions on many topics. My passions are the stock market and helping abandoned and orphaned animals. In this world, it seems most things don't make much sense to me anymore. This is my feeble attempt to share all of the above. The blogs will include items that might make you shake my head as well as give you my take on why they happen. Enjoy.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

College Sports.....A Farce

Ok, I'm waiting for the MSU game on Final Four Saturday. On ESPN, they are having a three point shooting contest, which by itself is not the issue. The things that trouble me about this are: 1) How do these student athletes find the time to fly to Detroit and participate in this competition, 2) How can a college student afford to do this?, 3) How can they miss their schooling for this?

The NCAA might as well admit that these guys and girls (with a few exceptions) are just professionals, not students. Why not just pay them and make it legit?

Conclusion: Everything you see in College Athletics is a farce, that is, if you believe they are amateurs OR students, you are fooling yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment